Okay, lately I realize my blog reads more like a medical transcript more than anything else. To make a long story short, I am home again (hopefully for good this time). Last time I’d written, doctors had performed blood tests finding once again that inflammation remained in my system. In the end, they suggested I go back to the hospital for some more tests. The next week week brought much debate as to whether doctors should open me up again and drain the inflamed area in my back or do a needle aspiration.
Honestly, I didn’t really care which the doctors chose as long as they found out what was going on with me. I was still having high fevers and headaches at that point: I just wanted things to return to normal. Finally, a decision was made-the needle aspiration would be done. We awaited anxiously for the results, but to no avail. The inflamed area turned out to have not in infection, but a blood clot.
As of today, my doctors are still perplexed because some of my numbers still remain quite high (indicating infection) but we don’t know why..